Tuesday 1 February 2011

simple times
















I remember a time when we had no shower head,
Where my body is small enough for me to jump into our bathing tub and play pirate.

I remember a time when I had no electronic games,
Where I am the architect of my own world and the creator of everything possible.

I remember a time when I was too young to travel far,
Where I climbed to unlock the gates and sneak-out when my mum is asleep.

I remember a time when I wished I had everything,
Where I screamed and shouted till my parents took out their money to make purchase.

I remember a time when I do not question about my existence,
Where I laid on the floor staring at the ceiling and think that must be how death is like.

I remember a time when I was chased by my mum with a cane,
Where I cried and then laughed at how the marks on my body resemble French fries.

I remember a time when I felt things are no longer simple,
Where I lied and cheated to get what I want.

I remember a time when I realized my self-esteem,
Where I am envious of others and hated myself.

I remember a time when I was lost,
Where I hid myself in denial and failed to see that there’s more outside the shell.

I remember a time when I needed to change,
Where I took courage to seek the meaning of happiness.

I remember my sense of freedom, when I could smile in the mirror, how much I hate obligations, disregarding afterlife and how it all began, lessons learnt, started paying attention to things around me, my forever pursuit of happiness, and then I was there scooping water from a pail to wash my toil as I recall myself playing in the big bathing tub. I am thankful.



Share

No comments: