Monday 21 February 2011

foot steps
















I was walking home on sunday when i saw a man walked past me with a little girl following behind. The man, i presumed is the father, was guiding the girl with an umbrella which she was pulling. The father looked back every now and then to check on her, and as he does so I could see this faint smile and a little joy in his expression. It reminds me of the bits of happiness we can have in our daily lives if we just pay attention.

Then it also came to me that in our fast pace lifestyle in an urban jungle, parents might forget that they are the best educator to their own child. Instead they pass the responsibility to 'renowned' schools or education centers, paying huge fees and then resulting to even more time at work to make up for those money. Do we forget that the parents' foot steps are what the children would ultimately follow? Who the parents' are would inevitably be what the children become.



Share

1 comment:

sita ariana pangestu said...

I love these simply yet touching lines stretched by you :)